I’m calling this day ‘zero’ because we are leaving a day earlier than originally expected. Michael is READY to go! Me—I’ve always got 15 more things to do ( I have turned into my mother! Sorry, Mom!!) I agreed to his scheme with one stipulation—I was NOT going to pack the RV and put away items while going down the road. On our last big trip west in 2008, the RV rental guy convinced us that this was an excellent idea and would enable us to leave earlier than planned. Turns out, bumping down the road is not very conducive to stocking overhead cabinets. My MIL and I both agreed that we would NEVER do THAT again!
Despite an afternoon deluge that had us loading mostly in the rain, we were ready to go around 6 pm… After a few stops including picking up pizza to go, we were on the road before 7. We went straight through Atlanta with no problems except a good bit of rain. Just before the Alabama line, we hit some pretty strong storms. We decided to pull over and sleep at the Alabama Welcome Center b/c despite the early hour we were all really tired!
The only thing I’ve noticed so far that I forgot to pack was the road atlas—which may not seem like a huge deal when you have a GPS and internet access. But on our last trip, it totally saved us in Oklahoma so I’m kind of sorry that it is missing! But considering the amount of stuff we had to pack (in the rain), I guess forgetting one thing isn’t too bad!
Thursday will be a L-O-N-G day of driving as many miles as possible… the goal is to be in Grapevine, TX (a suburb of Dallas) by noon on Friday. I’m thinking if Michael has his way, we will be there tonight :-)
5 comments:
This is so exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing all the details of your trip!!
Have fun on your adventure! We are all eyes for your blog! Can't wait to see pictures.
I kept thinking about you yesterday while it was POURING down rain!!!! Crazy storms. We're supposed to get more today. How's the weather been as you've been driving today? Can't wait to hear updates from Texas. Ok, so maybe I'm more excited for the updates that will come AFTER Texas, but I'll take what I can get! ;)
Ha, Sara-- Michael says watch for LOADS of updates from Texas!!! ;-)
It sounds like you'll be in Grapevine tonight! That means you'll have an extra day to go zero miles! I wonder if it's hot there like Florida is...
Post a Comment