Texas is sweltering. Scorching. Blistering. And oh, by the way, did I mention it is HOT??!! My word. Texas clearly is in need of some more trees. ![]()
![]()
(and yes, there are trees here but not nearly tall or plentiful enough!)
Needless to say, anyone not overly interested in RC airplanes (that would be me, the girls and grandma) spent the day looking for indoor entertainment! We checked out Grapevine Mills mall (the Texas version of Discover Mills, only—you know, bigger… because it’s Texas… sorry, that’s now a running joke around here) and found the neighborhood Wal-mart (which now brings our count up to 2 Wal-Marts in 3 days… I’m thinking I need to impose a limit on Wal-Mart AND McDonald’s stops now!!). We also searched in vain for a ‘cowgirl hat’ for Emma—that is #1 on her list of trip souvenirs. I’m hoping that since we’ll be in cowboy country for the next 2 weeks, we’ll be able to find just the right one (at just the right price).
Despite mama (& Jesus!) being at the wheel, we managed to make it back to the field without catastrophe. We then went to nearby Lake Grapevine for a swim—and despite the heat, I chose not to break my ‘no swimming in lakes’ personal life rule. The girls splashed happily with the fishes for about an hour and then we headed back to the field.
The rest of the afternoon has involved staying indoors as much as possible (and by indoors, I mean in the RV with the AC cranked down as low as it will go).
As we arrived in Texas earlier than expected, we are going to be departing ahead of schedule as well… actually, that’s not entirely true—the fact that the temps are supposed to be in triple digits tomorrow has us with our sights on the mountains. Even the RC crazy guy is about ready to leave—and that’s saying something!!
I think we are going to make the trip to Wyoming in 3 days instead of 2 and make a quick stopover at Rocky Mountain National Park. Our neighbors are in Colorado this week and told us there was still a lot of snow out there… which sounds just about like heaven right now!
Stay tuned for changing plans, routes and destinations…
4 comments:
I am SOOOO enjoying your daily updates … there better be one every day :) … I'm with you on the lake thing … a rule of mine (unless, of course, I'm on the boat and ONLY in Lake Lanier …. and only where it's really wide and deep :)
Looking forward to vicariously living through you :)
I'll do my best, Heather :-)
It MUST be hot if he's ready to leave early!! Very fun that you're stopping in the mountains! Enjoy!!
The weather channel said it was 71 in Dallas today - guess that wasn't true! Beth Ann and I spent all day on the annual Pond Tour driving from T'ville to Palm Bay and visited nine beautiful yards-each place had some unique and creative features. I'm planning to add a small water garden on my front porch!
Post a Comment