Monday, May 5, 2008

Our Pianist



Abbie had her first piano recital this past Saturday. She has thoroughly enjoyed her lessons with "Mrs. Sylvia" this year and we are very proud of her progress. Unlike her parents when they were her age, she enjoys practicing piano and rarely has to be asked twice to do so! We only wish we lived closer to "Aunt Missy" so that she could give her lessons (at a family discount, of course!!).


Abbie played two solos and one duet with her piano teacher's teenage daughter. Due to some technical difficulties, we only have one song recorded in it's entirety-- here is a video (hopefully!) of one of her solo pieces called "First Cha-cha-cha".





There was a nice reception after the recital and then we spent some time in a lovely little rose garden outside of the church. The girls both agreed that, "Anna would love this place!!" So we had to take pictures there as well:

One recital down... one to go... and then we're off!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Dear Girls,
Yes, I love the rose garden and I love you even more! How grateful I am for this blog that allows me to hear one of your songs, Abbie. It sounded perfect! You play with confidence and enthusiasm because you practiced and it shows. I am so proud of you.
Love you and miss you,
Anna xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox