Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some "Dam" pictures



After the oil change, we drove east from Las Vegas to visit the Hoover Dam. As you can see from the previous post, we had to stop at a security checkpoint! The photo was all in good fun-- Michael wanted a picture with them and this is the pose they came up with! The Dam was impressive-- the girls and I had studied a bit about the building of it during school this year and it was neat to see it up close.

They are also in the process of building a new bridge WAY up over the current road over the Dam to help alleviate some of the traffic (and to provide a truck route)... You couldn't pay me enough money to be involved on that project!

The water levels in Lake Mead are at (I believe) historic lows which you can see from this picture (the white areas indicate the previous water levels) but the water is still clear blue and beautiful.
Emma and I even visted the "Dam Ladies Room" which is built into one of the big concrete towers-- kind of a funny place for a restroom which is why I took the photo.


After our "Dam visit", we backtracked into Vegas and headed north to Utah and Zion National Park.

No comments: