


(The Three Patriarchs)

(The Great White Throne)
The National Park Service operates a free shuttle bus through the base of the canyon and you can easily get off and on at about 8 different locations to view the cliffs. This worked out really well for PawPaw as he got to see a good bit of the park without having to walk much. The park is breathtakingly beautiful—the pictures will probably speak for themselves. We felt a bit like we were at the bottom of the Grand Canyon looking up.
Michael says that Zion jumped ahead to his number 2 favorite spot that we’ve seen thus far (just behind Yosemite). I had read that it was a spectacular place and it definitely lived up to the reviews. This was a relief because I had totally picked this as a stop based on those recommendations and not because of any previous knowledge of the Park. So, if you are ever in the southern Utah/northern Arizona area, the Timms family gives an enthusiastic 12 thumbs up for Zion!
The girls were also pleased to be able to add Junior Ranger badge #3 to their collection!
3 comments:
Wow, just when I think the pictures couldn't be any more magnificent, they are! I never knew the grandeur of Zion National Park until now. And your creative commentaries add so much. Again I am thrilled to read about your daily adventures. I assume your new stop Wednesday night is closer to Colorado Springs. Here's hoping you make it to Focus on the Family Friday morning! We're praying for your continued good health in the higher altitudes of CO. Did you make it to 4 corners today?
Love to all,
Mom
Hey Michael...told ya!
You were right!! By the way, I loved California- it and Colorado so far are my favorite states.
Post a Comment